A longtime contributor and the current "Heli Talk" columnist for Electric Flight, Jim has been heavily into aeromodeling for nearly 25 years. Electric warbirds are his main love, although in recent years helicopters have taken much of his attention. He is focused on scale helis and his favorite part of the hobby remains designing and scratch building.
Latest Posts by the Author
- Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne Project — Scratch building a scale hybrid Heli
- Charging Multiple Packs
- AH-56 Cheyenne Project – Part 5 – CNC Machined Plug
- Radio Control Strandbeest
- AH-56 Cheyenne Project – Part 5 – Tail Controls
- AH-56 Cheyenne Project – Part 4 – Tail Boom
- AH-56 Cheyenne Project – Part 3 – Powertrain and Cyclic Servos
- AH-56 Cheyenne Project – Part 2 – Mechanics
- Turn your Slow Stick into an ultralight!
- Torque-Tube Tail Upgrade
- Blade 600X: a 12-cell competition beauty raises the bar
- Light up the night! Easy add-on
- How to: Make Bubble Windows
- Choosing Heli Servos: Analog vs. Digital
- Are two rotor heads better than one?
- Sneak Peek: Blade 600
- Check your BECs!
- Review: Savöx Brushless Motors
- Flight Tested: Heli-Max UH-60 Black Hawk & EC145 Eurocopter
- Gyro Programming 101