As one of the few Japanese liquid-cooled engine fighters the elegant form of the HIEN was the pride of the Japanese air force during the WWII. The elegant elliptical wings and curved form are the enduring symbols popularity. However, these complicated curves were the reason the Hien didn’t become a regularly produced R/C model. In addition to production difficulties, costs associated with recreating the scale form with any accuracy were always high. Kyosho has recreated the Hien with a lightweight balsa fuselage of the highest quality and accuracy in a factory-assembled model. Detailed camouflage coloring has also been reproduced in printed film and treated in ?Master Coat’. Realistic scale flight style and appearance of the Hien is replicated through the split flaps, retracts and spinner for a 3-blade propeller. The never-say-die spirit and flight of this legendary WWII fighter can be enjoyed with the clean power of an electric motor.
- Lightweight Construction – Lightweight balsa construction of the fuselage is mostly factory-assembled.
- Master Coat – Pre-covered in realistic gradated camouflage printed film treated in Master Coat.
- Included Retracts – Pre-installed with retractable undercarriage and linkages.
- Split Flaps – Features the signature split flaps of the original that produce fascinating flight control, not just in take offs and landings.
- 2-3 Blade Spinner – Includes accurate recreation of the uniquely shaped spinner. Suitable for 2-blade or 3-blade propellers.
- Total Control – Rudder connected tailwheel provides control for scale taxiing across the airfield.
- Awesome Detail – Pre-painted FRP cowling recreates the subtle curves in fine detail.
ARF Set Contents
- Motor mount
- Pre-installed retractable undercarriage
- Moving tailwheel
- Linkage parts
- Special spinner for 2-3 blade propeller
Required for operation
- R/C System / 6-channel, 6-servo for airplane (standard 5-servo + thin type undercarriage 1-servo)
- Motor / 600-800W compatible brushless motor
- Amp. / amp. for brushless motor
- Battery/ 18.5V-4000-5300mAh Lithium Polymer (No.ORI60030 SLPB18.5V 5000mAh 30c / No.ORI60031 SLPB18.5V4000mAh 30c recommended)
- Propeller / D12 x P6~D12 x P8 for EP
- Propeller adapter
- Charger for Li-Po battery (No.ORI62200 Advanced Flight Charger recommended)
- Balancer for Li-Po battery (No.ORI62204 Stability Balancing System recommended)
- Motor, Motor Control Amp. and connector for battery
- Batteries for R/C system