As battery Technology continues to develop and evolve, so should your chargers. The new Onyx 235 is extremely versatile and is ideal for your needs for a portable (and affordable) field charger. The Onyx 235 is all the charger you’ll need for power and radio packs. It also features cell balancing for up to 4 Li-Po, Li-lon or Li-Fe cells. I can also peak charge up to 10 NiCds or Ni-MHs cells and includes 5 connectors/adapters.
I can charge at up to 4C for lithium packs and at 8A maximum.
Includes output adapters for standard, Traxxas and Deans Ultra Plug connectors, plus ElectriFly and FlightPower/Thunder Power balancing boards.
Features 3 special-purpose jacks for added versatility:
· Universal radio (for charging transmitter and receiver packs)
· USB (for trackside cell phone and accessory charging)
· Mini USB (for downloading firmware updates)
The AC and DC power cords reduce clutter but leave power options open. Balances lithium cells with +/- 5mV accuracy – and ensures maximum voltage in each one. Features push buttons and audible cues for simple setup – and 10 battery memories for instant recall and customized results. Protects packs with an automatic safety timer – and itself with reverse polarity and current overload circuitry.
· Battery Types: 1-10 NiCd or NiMH (1.2-12.OV) 1-4 LiPo, Lilon or LiFe (3.7-14.8V)
· Fast Charge Currents: 0.1-8.0A linear, adjustable 4C limit for lithiums
· Display: 2×8 reversed, backlit LCD
· Dimensions: 6.3 x 5.3 x 1.7 in (160 x 134 x 43 mm)
· Weight: 19.7 oz (559 g, w/DC cord attached)
Onyx 235 AC/DC Advanced Charger with Balance is $89.99 and will be available early February.