Awesome F-111 Aardvark

Apr 30, 2011 7 Comments by

If you don’t know what an F-111 is, this is going to be a real treat! It is one of the first USAF aircraft with sweep wing geometry and the full size was also used in Desert Storm. A long history of amazing service. This impressive RC F-111 was flown by Ray Johns and by the talented Mike Selby. Truly an impressive and one-of a kind aircraft. It is 1/7-scale and powered by a Behotec JB180 turbine engine. It has a 101 inch span.

Featured News, Jets

Senior Technical Editor About Me: I have a lifelong passion for all things scale, and I love to design, build and fly scale RC airplanes. With 20 plus years as part of the Air Age family of magazines, I love producing Model Airplane News and Electric Flight.

7 Responses to “Awesome F-111 Aardvark”

1. TJ Rohyans says:

I saw video of it fly. Very impressive. I hope it scores well.

• Debra Cleghorn says:

The FB-111A placed second in Team — not bad for a first-year Top Gun entry! Looking forward to seeing this one again in 2012.

2. TC Cotrell says:

I flew the real one (FB-111 version) for 10 years in the Air Force (over 1000 hours). It was a great aircraft.

3. Terry Hahn says:

I had a Revell model of the F-111 when I was a kid. Still think it’s one of the best looking aircraft ever made.

4. Bill Murphy says:

Ray told me Wednesday about the competition. Congratulations to the team!! It is awesome to see an AAardvark in the air again and the team do so well. It’s like old times again. I was a crew chief on the A model in SEA and then 3 years on the FB at Pease. Keep it flying!!

5. Christopher Wareing says:

Dear Gerry.I remember the F-111F from Lakenheath in England, and from Amberley in Australia. Do you market plans for this wonderful aircraft? Regards,Chris Wareing

• Gerry Yarrish says:

Hi Chris. unfortunately, MAN does not have any plans for the F-111. This beautiful plane is the handy work of Mike Shelby and is completely scratch built.