Well, those who know me, understand I have a “thing” for Piper Aircraft, particularly Cubs! Piper’s Super Cub has been a favorite of mine for a long time and I have built quite a few in my hobby career. It’s a great first scale project for any modelers who’s earned his RC wings. Cubs are stable and gentle fliers and all you have to do is add some flaps and a new engine cowl and you have a great new scale aircraft.
Just in for review, the new E-flite Super Cub 25e ARF is the newest project on my building boards and I can’t wait to get it in the air! It has respectable power, excellent performance and it is built really well. Part of the E-flite Platinum Series this new red and white Super Cub captures the look and feel of the full-size aviation classic and will make anyone feel like a bush pilot in no time!
- Balsa and light plywood construction
- Two-piece plug-in wings
- Functional, shock-absorbing main gear
- Magnetic, factory-painted fiberglass cowl with panel lines
- Scale corrugation detail on flap and aileron control surfaces
- Functional split cockpit door
- Scale aluminum wing struts
- Covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering
- Durable Super Cub wheels and tires
- Leaf spring tail wheel assembly
- Realistic cockpit interior details (sold separately)
Wingspan: 68.0 in
Length: 45.5 in
Wing Area: 670 sq in
Weight: 5 to 5.6 lb. w/o battery; (5.85-6.40 lb with battery)
Motor Size: Power 25 to 32
Prop Size: 13 x 6.5E
This is a 1/6-scale (slightly larger,) plane so it is perfectly suited for full-body pilot figures Like those from Elite Forces or BBi.
There is also a scale lighting system available seperately to add another level of scale realism