AeroWorks P-51 converted over to a Red Tail Tuskegee Fighter; Part 2

Nov 02, 2011 6 Comments by

Are you looking to do a little ARF kit bashing?  Check out what I did to the AeroWorks P-51 in this how-to video on my conversion from the Excalibur Mustang to the Tuskegee Red Tailed Mustang.  I show you how to use easily available material to do cosmetic surgery and create the plane design you want.  The best part is you will have little time and money invested in the conversion.  Check out Part 2 below:

Featured News, John Reid

West Coast senior editor About me: I’ve been involved with RC aircraft since high school and have flown just about everything. I started my RC career with scratch-building, but now like many pilots I rely on ARFs to get me in the air. My main focus is on pylon racing, aerobats, combat and scale warbirds.

6 Responses to “AeroWorks P-51 converted over to a Red Tail Tuskegee Fighter; Part 2”

1. Gerry Yarrish says:

Looking good John! Great technique!

2. Romi Lucas says:

Great job John! Enjoyed the video. Thanks for all the Tuskegee Airmen info.

3. Charles S. Sylvia says:

Hi, You did a real nice job of converting the P-51 to the Red Tail colors.
    What is amazing is that no body planned to have a RED TAILED bird ready for the showing of the film. Now the film has been talked about for almost two years and finally opened in January 2012. Now that was plenty of time for paint conversions on a kit like what you bought from Aero Works. There are a lot of fomy P-51′s out there and some are very good and I am really supprised that someone like Banana Hobby, Nitro Planes, or Easy Tiger didn’t jump on this opertunity. I know I would have bought one myself.

4. Andre (Flapps) Horne says:

I am haveing some one convert a P-51 for and just happened to find your video, very nice work. My question is where did you find the pilot? He looks just loike me. Black pilots are hard to find. please send a link thank you.

5. John Reid says:

That is an old G.I. Joe doll, you have to find them on e-bay. Search for G.I. Joe Tuskegee

6. Shofarman says:

How much would you charge someone to for a complete finish redtail p51
    with the same radio and engine you have?

Shofarman