Get the Model Airplane News App!

Dec 02, 2011 36 Comments by

Now you can access your favorite RC magazine on your iPad or iPhone! We are happy to announce that the Model Airplane News app is live in the Apple iTunes App Store! Download the free app to view thumbnails of the most recent covers and view the tables of contents; get full access to issues with a single copy purchase or annual subscription.
If you are already a subscriber to the digital edition, you can access the issue through the free app. The Model Airplane News app will also be available on the new Apple Newsstand soon.

Debra Cleghorn, Featured News, Gerry Yarrish

36 Responses to “Get the Model Airplane News App!”

1. Bill Skoros says:

What about us Android users? I have a Droid X…

Thanks!

2. Jonathan Bayer says:

Yippee! (re. Android)

3. crispin church says:

it would be nice for android users to get a app first before ipad

4. Joey Doucet says:

I already have the print subscription, any deals to add the digital so I can have it on my iPad too?

• Debra Cleghorn says:

As of now, these are two separate subscriptions. We’d like to see an all-inclusive digital AND print subscription option in the future.

5. Joey Doucet says:

I already have the print subscription, any deals on adding the digital to my print so i can have it on my iPad as well?

6. Tommy says:

How about subscribers to the paper addition? Do we get the app for free too?

• Debra Cleghorn says:

The app is free for anyone to download. You will need to buy a digital issue or subscription to access the digital issues.

7. Steve Roberts says:

Looking at the feedback on iTunes, it seems that the app is not working, or there is some glitch with the subscription process. I was going to renew the print edition before I saw this. I would prefer to read on the iPad. Can you confirm that this indeed works as advertised?

• Debra Cleghorn says:

Any glitches are with current digital subscribers accessing their issues via the app. This is being addresses and should be fixed this week. I started a new digital subscription via the app and it worked just fine. (Bought it via the app and iTunes.) Hope this helps.

8. Tim Belongia says:

I have been getting this digitally for a couple years. Is it possible for me to read this in the new app? If so, how do I go about it?

9. Ron Davis says:

Please explain to my why I would want to read the latest issue of Model Airplane News on the little bitty screen of my IPhone when I have a subscription and can read a full size manazine?

10. Danny Busch says:

I have been waiting for this app for a while now.
    It looks nice, but like some other magazine apps I was expecting the app to download the magazine so I can read it offline.
    It doesn’t.
    That unfortunately makes the app unusable for me as it is now.

11. Bas gort says:

I have à digital subscription but it seems that it Will not sign in properly. I am doping something wrong?

Plessers let me know as i rally like the idea reading my magazine on my iPad.

Thanks,
    Bas

• Debra Cleghorn says:

I will forward your email address to our IT folks who will be able to help you access your digital issues via the app.

12. Ron c, says:

I to am waiting for Android app.we need more information in large scale planes, Scale and Giant aircraft in Glow,Electric and Gas.

13. Ron c, says:

I also would like it on Android. More stuff on large scale electrics and gas glow and electric Giant scarle.

14. Ignacio Sanchidrian says:

I am a subscriber of the printed edition. I understand as discrimination to have less contents than digital readers. I want the hard copy but I am willing to pay a bit more to access the digital bersion, but not double. Any proposal?

15. Hsg says:

Will you publish an android app?

16. Dave says:

The app still isnt working. I cant sign in, keeps saying account not found. This is a week of this nonsense now.
    Charged my credit card pretty quick though!

• Debra Cleghorn says:

thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded your comment and email address to our IT folks who will help you first thing Monday!

17. Tony says:

The app does not work well. I cannot find 3 of the 6 issues I purchased. The app is very slow and crashes easily. There is only one zoom level available. The downloads go page by page instead of downloading the entire issue at once. overall, a poor user experience. I hope it gets a major update soon.

• Debra Cleghorn says:

Thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded your comment and email to our IT team who will help you first thing Monday.

18. Tim says:

App works great now …. Thanks

19. Shawn Swerdfeger says:

Any word on an android app??

20. david says:

When you come up with the android version can you please put a little more info in the announcement on how and where to obtain it other than a note on the cover. Maybe something about how to get it for those who already subscribe. I have an I-touch and it seemed to me that I had to subscribe to the magazine again to get the deal. I will never-ever want only the digital edition. The day you go 100% digital and no mailings with a printed edition, I will stop my subscription flat-out.

21. Cesar Forli says:

What happened to App on Apple store? I can’t find it anymore and I’m no able to read digital magazines in my iPad… I’ve just subscribed digital edition and just got 3 issues. Pls, help!