40% Scale WACO YMF-5 Biplane — A Video Interview

Dec 08, 2011 8 Comments by

Among the prettiest of classic biplanes, this AMR 40% Scale Waco YMF-5 was built by Dave Collis who came all the way down from Canada to take both the “Best Civilian Aircraft” and runner up “Critic’s Choice” awards at the Monster Planes 2011 event in Lakeland, FL. A big Moki radial engine swings an impressive 40×18 prop! Model Airplane News contributor Rich Uravitch talkes to Dave about his his fantastic giant-scale RC project.

video platform video management video solutions video player

Move Video interviews to come, stay tuned!

Events, Featured News, Scale

Senior Technical Editor About Me: I have a lifelong passion for all things scale, and I love to design, build and fly scale RC airplanes. With 20 plus years as part of the Air Age family of magazines, I love producing Model Airplane News and Electric Flight.

8 Responses to “40% Scale WACO YMF-5 Biplane — A Video Interview”

1. DAVID HADSALL says:

HELLO, SURE LOVED THE VIDEO OF THE WACO. THANK YOU DAVID

2. Nels Linden says:

What part of “Canada” are you from Dave?

I saw this plane when it was only a motor in Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

The motor alone was very impressive. I look forward to seeing the rest of the craft in person.

I love how Canada is such a particular place for Americans. I don’t think they realize how big Canada is and that most people are incapable of understanding the concept of what Canada is as an idea or as a piece of imense realestate

I have been to Florida and I can find it on a map :)

3. RICHARD TANIS says:

HI……NICE PIECE OF WORK ……REGARDS. RICHARD TANIS

HAWTHORNE NJ.

4. drlcbl says:

Great looking plane Dave. You’ve got to bring it to the High Country Flyers “Big Bird” next summer.
    I wish I could afford one.
    Dave Longworth.

5. Roger Ganley says:

Hello Dave! Good to hear you did so well at Lakeland. Will look forward to seeing both you and your Waco at Vernon this coming September. From your “next door” RV neighbours at the Vernon flying field last Labour Day weekend. Roger & Barb

6. Anonymous says:

Terrific job. Looks great.Mac McKinney ATP pilot

7. Bob Harrison says:

Enjoyed this very much. Would like to have seen an inclusive shot of it flying.

8. Ernie Kidd says:

Nice work, Dave . Looking forward to seeing it fly in Kamloops.

Ernie Kidd, HCF