Flying Legends: must-see video!

Apr 02, 2012 21 Comments by

Here’s a great reason to plan a trip to the UK this summer: the Duxford Flying Legends Air Show. Check out this video trailer for warbird overload — from biplanes to bombers! Don’t you think Model Airplane News needs to cover this event??

Debra Cleghorn

21 Responses to “Flying Legends: must-see video!”

1. Steve says:

Very good video. Too bad its so short.

2. Brian Mitchell says:

Oh Ya!!!
    You’ve gotta cover this!
    The video sent chills down my spine. I just love those warbirds. Watching these kind of events inspires a lot of us to hone our skills and build a really true scale model. I know it does it for me. Too bad it’s ‘across the pond’, or I’d be there to see it first hand.
    Yet another item in my bucket list. :)

B.M.

3. Scott says:

Wow!!! I think Model Airplane News needs to at least provide links to these sorts of events. The “warm-up” video made my skin tingle. That was cool.

4. Whit Philbrick says:

Yes, it’s a must cover event!

5. Armand says:

Chills and Tingling skin…YOUBETCHA!

6. Kirk Hoffman says:

Great video with the exception of that pathetic music. I’d much rather hear the engines any day. That’s what airshows are about, if I wanted music, I’d go to a concert.

7. Bob says:

Trip to England anyone??????????

8. Gordon Seifert says:

It is a wonderful video, but would have been SO much better without the music. The motors is what, I am sure, most of us really would like to hear!

9. John E. says:

See you there, the first pint’s on me!!.

10. Todd says:

awesome visuals but the music was grating.

11. George F says:

We were fortunate to attend this event several years ago. The museums on the base are great and the air show is spectular. There also is an American WWII cemetary a short distance out of Cambridge. Rent a car, remember to drive on the wrong side of the road, and go. It is very impressive and well worth the effort.
    George

12. John Buford says:

Coverage? Absolutely! EAA puts on a fantastic air show, and this looks to be excellent, and then some..

Great video!

13. Dave Raymond says:

Walking on Sunshine. No reason to go there, produce a DVD with highlihted version. Lets be practicle.

14. Joe Felish Jr. says:

Definetly one of the best WOW”s. Keep it UP!!!
    Joe

15. Geoff says:

Kirk and Gordon, agree entirely. I was there in 2010 and as five Spitfires flew overhead, even the commentators referred to the Spitfire Symphony. Four Merlins and a Griffon—it still gives me goosebumps thinking about it. If anybody goes, you are allowed to walk the flight line, i.e. getup close and personal with the aircraft, for a certain period of the morning.

Go there—and pay the extra—before looking at anything else.

16. victor chua says:

Awesome. Lots of planes.

17. Ron Elliott says:

Ron .E.

I agree with Kirk and Gordon, and yes Model Airplane News should send a vidio crew .

18. Bill Ferguson says:

Anyone with a passion for Warbirds should try and attend at least once.
    My wife and I used to attend each year, in 2000 there was a 23 Spitfire flyover to mark the Battle of Britain’s 60th anniversary…no music was necessary…

19. Glen Nardin says:

If you liked that, you would also love attending the WWII “Warbirds Over the Beach” event in Virginia Beach, Virginia 18-20 May, 2012. http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/airshows/warbirds-over-the-beach-show-may-2012

We don’t have as good as video, but we have all the same airplanes flying!

20. Flyoz says:

Those model pilots look so real :D

21. Joe Bar says:

I was lucky enough to visit Duxford in ’89. It’s an amazing place, even if there’s no airshow. The RAF likes to buzz the field throughout the day, and a Chipmunk pilot was doing aerobatics over the field. Go see it!