World’s smallest man-carrying helicopter

Apr 02, 2012 7 Comments by

In this video, 75-year-old Gennai Yanagisawa of Matsumoto, Japan, flies onboard his 165-pound aircraft, which set the world record for the smallest helicopter. Rumor has it that not long after this video was taken, the heli crashed into a building and Mr. Yanagisawa was in the hospital for 6 months.  How much would you pay for a ride in this record-setting heli? Or would someone have to pay YOU to strap in and take off?

Debra Cleghorn

7 Responses to “World’s smallest man-carrying helicopter”

1. Gerson Garcia says:

looks great….but too much expensive …..

2. Larry says:

That is cool! I might try it, but I’d need a whopper set of training gear…. Maybe a couple of pole vaulting poles with basketballs lashed to the ends… :o )

3. FHH says:

There has to be a cheaper way to do it… probably large brushless electric motors. (scale up the mechanics of a Blade CX /mCX)

The “safety harness has to just be there to keep the pilot from falling out… there’s nothing in front of him to absorb impact if he crashes.

4. Chuck Smith says:

Squareknot Sailor
    No Thanks, I have a buddy in Guam, SMSGT Gary Adams USAF who says these things aren’t supposed to fly.

5. Jim Grube says:

I would do it. Of course safety is an issue, but it is with any aircraft. But it is a bit to expensive. You can have a Mosquito heli built for what that kit costs.

6. John Carter says:

A nice piece of engineering – with massive potential.

7. Mark Knigge says:

Very Cool. I wouldn’t think twice about taking it for a spin. I’m with everyone else it’s way too much money for what it is.