Reverse Cuban-8 Maneuver

May 29, 2012 8 Comments by

This week we are doing the Reverse Cuban-8 with half rolls.  In this video Jason Benson shows us how to perform the Reverse Cuban-8 with half rolls with some helpful tips to guide you through this great looking maneuver.

Fixed-Wing Flight School

West Coast senior editor About me: I’ve been involved with RC aircraft since high school and have flown just about everything. I started my RC career with scratch-building, but now like many pilots I rely on ARFs to get me in the air. My main focus is on pylon racing, aerobats, combat and scale warbirds.

8 Responses to “Reverse Cuban-8 Maneuver”

1. High Nitro says:

Looks like an “outside” Cuban Eight to me… cool stuff, and different.

2. Terry Bolin says:

Nice twist on an old maneuver.. I look forward to practicing it.. Thanks for the article…

3. stroup says:

It would be great to see the maneuver at least once with less zoom (in the main view) so that horizon reference could be seen.

4. Luis F. Gonzalez says:

What mode is the pilot flying?.
    Seems to me he flies mode one.
    Thks

5. Mike says:

Nope. Mode two. Rudder & throttle on left stick.

6. FHH says:

If the looping parts are with push elevator (canopy to the outside) vs normal being pull (canopy to the inside) then its an outside ____ (whatever maneuver)

He actually performed an outside Cuban 8 with entry from the top. (rolls on downline = not reverse)

Normal Cuban is Pull through 5/8 loop, 1/2 roll (on 45 downline) pull through 3/4 loop, 1/2 roll on (45 downline) , pull 1/8 loop to level… exit maneuver

Reverse Cuban 8 is pull 1/8 loop, 1/2 roll (on 45 upline), Pull 3/4 loop, 1/2 roll (45 upline) pull 5/8 loop to level… exit maneuver.

***************

The flying was good… but the maneuver performed is not what you called it.

7. Richard says:

What plane mfg.?

8. Rich says:

Hey, can you guys do a write up on pattern flying? A good explanation of F3A would be cool too.

Thanks for these email updates and mini online content. They come in very handy for a newbie.