Become a Flightline Reporter!

Jul 03, 2012 14 Comments by

Add your unique perspective to the Model Airplane News content mix! We’re looking for flightline reporters to share news and happenings from local RC clubs and events. If you enjoy attending RC fun-flys and competitions, taking photos and getting the inside story on planes and pilots, we hope you’ll consider joining us. Team members will get a special Model Airplane News golf shirt and baseball cap, a featured blog on our website and, of course, unlimited bragging rights.

Team member responsibilities:

• Attend & report on at least 4 RC events each calendar year.
  • Submit timely digital text & high-quality digital images (video also welcome!).
  • Represent Model Airplane News in a positive & professional manner.

To apply, please send an email to man@airage.com with the following:

• Name, mailing address, phone number
  • Brief bio telling us how long you’ve been flying RC, what kinds of planes or helis you like best and why you’d be a great MAN flightline reporter.
  • Sample of coverage of a recent event or weekend at your club field, with 10 images (each less than 100KB) and @250 words.

We appreciate your interest and look forward to hearing from you!

Featured News

14 Responses to “Become a Flightline Reporter!”

1. Ken Park says:

Hi Debra

Yes I’ve been doing the event reporting for the last few years mainly covering Canadain Events. I will give one pointer for your reporters is get a compact “Digital Voice Recorder” A great little device that lets you do quick interviews on the spot ” Please Spell your last name for me” and the recorder lets you upload MP3 files to your computer that you can later transcribe for your notes or also email them into MAN.

2. Chris Malish says:

HI, I’m very interested in doing this (field reporting) been flying for about 4.5 yrs. I fly electric,glow and gas airplanes I live in Michigan and the club I belong to is C.A.R.D.S and we have 2 major events a WARBIRDS show in June and GIANT SCALE this month July 21st thanks for looking at my info,Chris
    Chris Malish

• Debra Cleghorn says:

Hi Chris — thanks for the note! Please send your photos, bio, sample coverage, etc., to us at man@airage.com. I have deleted your phone number and address from your post for security reasons. :-)

3. Marc Brown says:

Is there a deadline to apply? I’m interested but am going out of state for a few weeks. I don’t have time to visit my field to provide you with a sample coverage article before I leave.

• Debra Cleghorn says:

Hi Marc, anyone who’s in this situation should let us know, so we can keep this in mind. Looking forward to hearing from you in a few weeks!

4. Eddie Gourley says:

Beibg 81 years young, I would like to be MAN reporter but I have only ben in to R.C. Models about four years but I am located in Webb City Mo in the South West corner of Mo and there quite a number of R.C. clubs in this area. Again I am interested in joining the organization. Ed

• Debra Cleghorn says:

Hi Eddie,
      Hope you’ll send in an application! You don’t need to have been involved with the hobby a long time to become a Flightline reporter — just the ability to take photos and get the scoop! Looking forward to hearing from you — please send your application to man@airage.com.
      Best,
      Debra

5. Chris Oliveira says:

Hi Debra,
    I´m from Brazil, and I´m very interested in becoming part of MAN team. Is there any restriction since I live outside US?

Chris

6. Leonardo López says:

Debra,
    I’m interested. I’m from Argentina and I can send you reports and photos about flyi-inns and IMAC competitions.

7. Tim J. Stahlke says:

Hey MAN & Debra-

I’ll be sending in my application! I always enjoy MAN’s coverage of events and would enjoy being a contributor. I’m the safety officer out here in Northern California at Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark (SCCMAS) aka Tomcats. Many pilots know our field from the Realflight simulator. We have an active event calendar which includes a huge airshow in July. Love to provide coverage on our activities.

Best-

Tim J. Stahlke

8. Ronald G. Mock says:

I sent in my application to be one of your Flight-Line Reporters. I have been invovolved in all aspects of model aviation for 45 years. I have worked aroun d some very interesting and motivational Model Airplane designers/competitors and celebreties. Some of which were during my tenure with the Air Force Flight Dynamics Laboratory, Wright-Patterson, AFB, under direction of Mr. Don Lowe.

I am a member of the Indian River Kontrol Society, here in Brevard County, Florida. We recentyl held a clinic on Aero-Towing and will hold an AMA Sanctioned contest in March 2013.