Love those warbirds!

Aug 08, 2012 11 Comments by

This video from Airailimages.com highlights 20 awesome warbird flights  from the recent EAA Airventure Fly-In. It’s only 2.5 minutes long (and you deserve a fun break!). Bonus points for identifying all of the aircraft in the video!

Debra Cleghorn, Featured News

11 Responses to “Love those warbirds!”

1. Dave says:

The sound of those big loud military engines is vastly preferable to ho-hum music which we can hear anytime!!

2. r.cannon says:

I know all of the planes. Modern aircraft just don”t have the beauty and charm of their predecessors. Love those big radial engines! Turbines – no thanks.

3. Marcelo says:

Can – can !! …..mmmm…… where r the dolls????……..warbirds !!!!…..mmmmmmmmm…………where r the beaurifull radial sound engines ?????????…….each thing 2 his right place……………m m…

4. Anonymous says:

The music ruins it.

5. Brian Martin says:

Hey Debra,
    I managed to get to Oshkosh after 30 years of threatening to do so. Arrived after leaving home some 34hours earlier. (Port Elizabeth South Africa) But the journey was worth every minute of discomfort. Osh is fab. I witnessed some of the video clip- A10, P38, Mustangs etc, BUT- Big Beautiful Doll crept in somehow- must have been a ghost appearance ‘cos I believe it was written off a while back?? But if there was ever a P51 I would have liked to have seen, it would have been Big Beautiful Doll. So the short clip was appreciated anyway. I recently sold my model of this aircraft which is a great flier.
    The sound of the Merlins and radials was fantastic. I fly a 1/3 scale model of the Stearman in the trainer colours, so seeing that demonstration at Osh was just the icing on top.

• Debra Cleghorn says:

I wonder if another P-51 was repainted in BBD scheme? It happens …

I am jealous about your trip — what a dream event!! Maybe someday. :)

6. Anonymous says:

Other than the music, the video was cool.

• Debra Cleghorn says:

Agreed. I wouldn’t have necessarily used that music if I had created the video, but I’m glad the person who posted it wanted to share with us!

7. Tom Noto says:

as always the sight and sound of warbirds gets your heart pumping. I can only dream of what it was like to fly one. Music isn’t needed to get the effect.

8. Terry Bolin says:

Thanks for the post, I love to see that there are still people who can keep those war birds alive and out there in the public rather than just displayed in meuseums.. Great shot of the Stearman Slipping down the runway.. wow! Good intertainment!
    Terry Bolin

9. Stan Mamula says:

Nothing better then Warbirds. Long live the Warbirds.