Flying the Feathered Edge: The Bob Hoover Project

Jan 16, 2013 7 Comments by

As Kilo Foxtrot Films writes, “WW II veteran, prisoner of war, accomplished test pilot, pace plane for the Unlimited Reno races, air show pilot … Bob Hoover is considered by many to be one of the founding fathers of modern aerobatics. Jimmy Doolittle called him ‘…the greatest stick and rudder man who ever lived.’ Flying the Feathered Edge preserves the stories, the friendships, and the legacy that surrounds this man who quietly touched the trajectory of aviation’s many developments – and who, due to his piloting skills, judgment, decency, luck, and just flat out ability to fly, is considered THE BEST.”  Wow. We can’t wait to see this on the big screen!

Debra Cleghorn, Featured News

7 Responses to “Flying the Feathered Edge: The Bob Hoover Project”

1. RazoyoRC says:

Thank you for your service Mr. Bob Hoover!

2. Richard Wright says:

Great topic! it is also great that you are promoting R,C, too, there sure is a shortage of women it it though… Any ideas on how to remedy that?
    I grew up going to Air shows and you always looked forward to Bob Hoover being there, he truly is legendary. I want to watch your finished movie when it comes out, keep us posted! and thanks to you!

3. B. Liston says:

Absolutely can’t wait for this one to come out !!!

4. lakeman1 says:

Bob could put on a really great air show. I have seen him many times in air shows. I like his story about when he got shot down in the war. He said the enemy was coming in from the side and he made a helluva deflection shot that brought him down! He didn’t think that he could be hit from that angle. It must have been a BIG surprise when the bulletsriddled that plane.

5. Terry Bolin says:

Thanks for sharing this.. I look forward to seeing the full show!

6. Phil says:

I have met Bob Hoover at airshows he is a great pilot and I cant wait to see this movie. I have also seen Bob fly at airshows.

7. Gary K. says:

I just started flying Electric RC’s and am throughly enjoying it. I can’t wait to see this film. Thanks for bringing this to us. These types of stories unfortunately never get told….great to see this one will be told!
    Gary