The Blue Angels: between heaven & earth

Sep 24, 2013 6 Comments by

Seeing a demonstration by the amazing Blue Angels Navy Air Team is definitely on my bucket list … these guys are the cream of the crop when it comes to flying. Here is a great bit of history featuring  Al Taddeo, one of the original Blue Angels, who died this year at the age of 92.  Al was a Blue Angel from 1946 to 1947 flying that marvelous Bearcat.  This is a great video — enjoy!

John Reid

West Coast senior editor About me: I’ve been involved with RC aircraft since high school and have flown just about everything. I started my RC career with scratch-building, but now like many pilots I rely on ARFs to get me in the air. My main focus is on pylon racing, aerobats, combat and scale warbirds.

6 Responses to “The Blue Angels: between heaven & earth”

1. Gys Meyer says:

What nostalgia. Great vid. Thanks Model Airplane News.

2. Douglas Dixon says:

To watch this clip without a dry-eye is impossible for me. I grew-up round these aircraft, and they will always have a place in my heart. Sometimes I wish that I could go back, and do it all over again. So, in the mean-time, I content myself with building and flying R/C aircraft. Its simply the next best thing. God-Bless the fine young men who were fortunate to fly these great old Birds. Great job to John Reid as well. Thanx

3. Donald says:

That was a truly awesome video. Very touching and certainly very cool! I hope that they continue this in their show and I would pay to see them all together when the show comes to town.
    Thank you for giving us that wonderful article and video.
    Don S. from MA

4. Robert Cline says:

Thank you for this video. This man like my father was from the greatest generation ever. God bless him and all like him.

5. Paul Whiteman says:

Absolutely and amazing video….Past and present together in more ways than one. I was just at the Reno Air Races for my first time and was hoping the Angels would be there but I was told with cut backs they could not come… that is too bad as teams like the Blue Angels and the Snow Birds show the spirit of flight at it’s best and help keep it alive. I hope that things turn around so they can spread their wings and fly for more to see….Great film shooting and editing! I will be passing this on to my boys and buds for sure….Thanks to all. Paul from Canada

6. Dave Hinkley says:

This is the greatest I have sent it to a couple people that I know will love it as much as I did.