Who doesn’t love a Spitfire? One of the most iconic Allied aircraft of WW II, its sleek lines and elliptical wing are unmistakable. This .50-size Kyosho model does the full-size justice, with retractable landing gear, functional split flaps, steerable tailwheel, full cockpit and pilot figure. Check out the full release from Kyosho:
The Spitfire is without a doubt, one of the most famous fighters of WWII with earlier models having played an essential defensive role in the Battle of Britain. The flowing curves of the elliptical wings and the overall smooth lines of the Spitfire have made this one of the most popular fighters of the era.
The legendary lines of Spitfire are alive again in the form of this sophisticated, detailed reproduction of one of the most popular WWII fighters in history. This new Kyosho Spitfire remains faithful to scale, while maintaining a high level of performance – it flies as well as it looks. The manufacturing process is complicated; with strong ribbed wings and fuselage that feature a thin balsa skin over its surface. This helps to reinforce the various sections of the wing and fuselage, while providing a smooth, flat surface to which the detailed covering is attached. This new Spitfire features a flat, low glare finish on Oracover film. Oracover is known for its high strength and a tight fit that endures the elements. The camouflage, panel lines and other details are printed on the film, which ensures a clean and highly detailed appearance that is unrivalled in its class for looks and durability. A painted pilot figure fills the cockpit, which itself is adorned with many gauges and instruments for that extra level of detail. If that’s not enough, the new Kyosho Spitfire also includes functional split flaps with the look and feel of the flaps on the full-size aircraft. There is also shock-absorbing retractable front landing gear, with a spring-equipped steerable tail wheel for smooth and maneuverable ground control. This new Spitfire is designed for either EP or GP power, with additional parts included to make it more suited to the power system of your choice. It comes ARF style with all the major assembly and finishing completed. You simply need to install the power and radio systems of your choice, and you’ll be the envy of the flying field. This is best suited for intermediate to expert pilots who are comfortable flying multi-channel aircraft.
- Lightweight fuselage, main and tail wings in this ARF kit are pre-covered in Oracover film.
- Split flap is equipped standardly. The practical use which expands the width of a flight is possible as well as the time of taking off and landing.
- Metal oleo struts on main and tail gears recreate realistic suspension movement.
- Hatch opens and closes to store main struts and tires. Independently operated servos recreate the movement of the original airplane.
- In addition to the pilot figure, and reproduce the already mounted and the actual realism cockpit also the instrument panel of stereolithography.
- Main components are factory assembled so only a short time needed to finish.
- Features lightweight balsa structure. Detailed characteristics of the shape are recreated in the pre-built fuselage.
- Pre-covered in wrinkle-resistant high-quality lightweight camouflage-print film.
- Printed film also replicates the partition lines of the outer planks and hatch in a highly detailed finish.
- Large wing area of the elliptical wing generates the low-speed stability of the original SPITFIRE.
- Engine mount
- Fuel tank
- Pneumatic tires
- Linkage parts
- Fuel Tank
- Retractable Undercarriage
- Tail Wheel
- Linkage Parts
Required for operation:
- 6ch Radio Set (SERVO ×7, SERVO ×1 (Retractable Landing Gear )
- 300mm extension cord × 2, 200mm Y extension cord × 2, 100mm extension cord ×1
- Engine Starting equipment
Weight: 3,200g (approx.)
Engine: 2-cycle 46~55 class (sold separately) , 4-cycle 56~62 class (sold separately)
Wing Area: 32.4dm2
Wing Type: Original Semi-Symmetrical
R/C System: 6-channel, 8-servo (sold separately)
This R/C model is not a toy!
Correct assembly and maintenance and choice of appropriate flight location is required for the safe operation of this model. Failure to use responsibly and perform required safety checks can cause fatal accidents. Beginner flyers should never fly solo.