I often hear stories of how people are terrified of charging LiPo batteries at home; they think that if they charge the batteries there, that eventually, one will malfunction and burn down the house. While you cannot rule that out with total certainty, we can say that the odds of a LiPo battery catching fire are very unlikely, if you just follow a few safety precautions.
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this complete archived article on the premium site. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
• Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
• Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
• 10 years of Electric Flight archives
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop