Some of the most impressive giant-scale aircraft can be seen at fly in and competitions held at Paradise Field in Lakeland, FL. One of several “over the top” RC events (promoted by Frank Tiano, the father of the top Gun scale invitational), 12 O’clock High has been known to draw amazing aircraft -some of which are beautiful replicas of classic WW2 warbirds. One such airplane is this nicely executed Junkers Ju 87 Stuka dive bomber flown by regular Top Gun competitor Eduardo Esteves. We caught up with Eduardo, and here’s the inside scoop on his beautiful Stuka…
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing techniques, RC airplane builds and projects. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
- 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
- Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
- Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
- Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
- Contests & giveaways only for members
- 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
- 10 years of Electric Flight archives
- 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop