The Australian Booma RC has designed and now made available a 3-stage fail-safe ignition switch for gas powered models. Referred to as Iggy, a microprocessor controlled optically isolated switch with 3 stage ignition protection. Iggy features a high intensity blue LED to give exact feedback to the user.
Here is how the 3 stage safety system works.
1) Iggy’s front panel LED will flash when your receiver is powered up, showing a potential switch on condition.
2) Iggy has a front panel fail-safe switch and pressing the front panel switch will allow Iggy to arm. The front panel LED will flash at a faster rate.
3) Iggy will arm the ignition when the previous two conditions are met and a signal is received from the receiver. The LED will glow bright blue.
4) Iggy features Booma RC Glitch-Free technology so your models ignition will stay in a fully operational condition unless a correct signal or user front panel intervention tells it to switch off.
5) Emergency off switching can be accomplished by pressing and holding the front panel button.
– Battery powered Ignition systems.
– Magneto powered Ignition systems. (Zenoah etc) (Will require additional relay).
– Battery eliminator ignition systems.
– Microprocessor control – of Optical Isolated digital switching circuit.
– Fail Safe Switching – follows fail safe switching of receiver setup.
– High Bright Blue LED – for easy daylight viewing.
– 3 Stage Arming – for complete monitoring of potential live ignition.
– 3 Stage Emergency Ignition Kill – By front panel switch. By transmitter signal. By switching off power to the receiver.
– Remote Ignition Kill – via transmitter.
– Receiver Power connected Indication – via LED flashing indication.
– Micro-Power design less than 1uA in standby mode. Less drain on your model’s ignition battery than battery leakage so you can leave IGGY con- nected to the ignition battery permanently.
– Battery Input Voltage 1v to 60v. – Can also be used as an “On-board” Glow Driver.
– Weight 17 grams.
– Dimensions 36mm x 17mm (1.41 x 0.66 inches).
– Optical Isolated digital switching circuit with better than 1500V Isolation.
– Works with Battery chemistry
LifeP04 (2 cells) In most cases a regulator not required.
LiPo (2 cells) Ignition may require a regulator.
Lion (2 cells) Ignition may require a regulator.
NiCd (5 Cells) Ignition no regulator required.
NiMH (5 Cells) Ignition no regulator required.
NiCd (1 Cell) Glow Driver.
NiMH (1 Cell) Glow Driver.
– Maximum input voltage 60 volts.
– Minimum input voltage 1 volt. (Ideal also for glow driver)
– Max continuous current: 4A or 6A depending on version
– Approximately 1uA current draw from ignition battery.
– Operating Temperature – 40 to 80 degrees Celsius
MSRP $39 – 12 month warranty