Sometimes I just smile when the morning mail shows up. Today, the new Graupner MX-16 radio system arrived for review in MAN! This is a pretty snazzy rig and it comes with a lot of bells and whistles including, computer interface and built-in realtime telemetry for in-flight monitoring of basic aircraft conditions like receiver battery voltage. I just unwrapped the radio so will have more information to share shortly. Stay tuned, a review is coming soon to MAN!
At first look, the radio is on 2.4GHz, it has digital trims, 7 switches and 3 knobs, all assignable and there are two finger tip wheel pads (one on either side of the main display,) for navigating the computer’s menus. The display is lit with a blue background and easy to read characters. On the back of the TX case are DSC (direct servo control) port, battery compartment, a USB port, an earphone jack and a Data port.
The receiver has dual antenna and it has 8 ports on the end of the case for battery and servo connection. There is a data port on the antenna side of the case and there is a bind button on the top. No binding plug needed. Over all this looks like a very nice piece of equipment.
The transmitter has 20 model memories. 8-line, blue-lit graphic display, Telemetry data and additional model memories can be stored on a micro-SD memory card. Channel signal is resolved at 12 bits in 4096 steps. USB connector is for the read out and storage of model memories and for firmware upgrades.
- Microcomputer controlled with 2.4 GHz Graupner HoTT technology
- 5 different languages (German, English, French, later Italian, and Spanish) possible via software update.
- Servo cycle times of 10ms can be selected for digital servos
- Ultra-fast response times through direct transmission of the data from the main processor to the 2.4GHz transceiver No additional delays via module processor
- Operation and programming based on the mc-19 to mc-24
- Display shows settings and parameters for model type, model memory, timer, and operating voltage
- 8 channel control function
- 20 model memories
- all switches assignable
- Modes 1 thru 4 (selectable)
- 4 Flight Modes
- Programming for fixed-wing and helicopter
- Swashplate limiter
- Servo travel adjustment
- 2-stage expo/dual-rate system
- Mixer functions Programmable failsafe function »Hold« or »Advance to pre-set positions« adjustable separately for each individual servo channel
- Countdown timers with alarm function
- Model copy function
General HoTT features:
- Fast binding
- Range test and warning function
- Low-voltage warning
- RX operating voltage range from 3.6 V to 8.4 V (functional to 2.5V)
- Failsafe, free channel allocation (channel mapping); mixer functions and all servo settings can be programmed simply with the HoTT-Smartbox
- Binding of any number of receivers for channel expansion (max. of 32 channels)
- Up to 4 servos can be controlled simultaneously as a block with a signal repetition time of 10 ms ( digital servos only!)
- Frequency hopping and broad channel spread
- Telemetry analysis in realtime
- Updateable system via USB interface
for more information: http://graupner-usa.com/