An easy transition into military models!
The AT-6 Texan probably taught more WWII pilots how to fly than any other military trainer and for those R/Cers looking for a scale warbird, Top Flite’s AT-6 Texan is the perfect choice! From its authentic trim scheme to the detailed cockpit interior, this Gold Edition ARF does the original proud and flight characteristics are equally impressive. Only 18-25 hours of final assembly are required to have this Texan ready for its first mission. Featuring built-up and sheeted wood construction, with a fiberglass cowl and aluminum spinner, the AT-6 Texan offers other realistic details like a replica radial engine, fiberglass air intakes and exhaust stacks and scale wheel covers. The historically accurate Navy SN-J Harvard trim scheme is faithfully reproduced in MonoKote® film to be highly visible for easy tracking.
- Impressive in itself, the greenhouse canopy encloses lots of intricate scale touches including instrument panels with dials, painted pilot and co-pilot busts with a rollover bar between them.
- The Texan’s flaps can increase altitude faster at takeoff, or reduce speed and decrease the distance needed for landing. A steerable tailwheel helps to keep pilots in control on the ground.
- Ailerons allow pilots to expand their control skills for learning new maneuvers with a forgiving airfoil that’s also well-suited for modelers moving up to the challenges of a scale low-wing.
- For the ultimate scale experience, Top Flite includes durable, well-engineered mechanical retracts that give inexperienced flyers extra strength for withstanding less-than-perfect landings.
• Wingspan: 69 in (1755 mm) • Wing Area: 730 in² (47.1 dm²) • Weight: 8.5-9.5 lb (3855-4310 g) • Wing Loading: 27-30 oz/ft² (82-91 g/dm²) • Length: 51 in (1295 mm) • Requires: 6-channel radio w/8 servos, 2-stroke .61 cu in (10 cc) or 4-stroke .70-.91 cu in (11.5-15 cc) engine
TOPA0965 Gold Edition AT-6 Texan ARF Retail:$379.99 Street:$279.99
Available: Late September
For more information, please visit: www.top-flite.com