You don’t often see an RC version of the Japanese Aichi D3A (called “Val” by the Allies), and this one is a stunner. Jörg Albrecht’s 1/3.2-scale, 147-pound, model has a 14.5-foot wingspan and is powered by a Valach VM R420cc, four-stroke, five-cylinder radial. Thanks to RCGiantScalePlanes for taking this video at the Icare Airmeet.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager