This monster B-17 is the handiwork of Peter Pfeffer of Austria and just completed its first flight. The 19-foot-span bomber is powered by four Armin DeVries 42cc gas 4-strokes and controlled by a Weatronic radio. It weighs in at 187 pounds. Our thanks to RCScaleAirplanes for posting this impressive video on YouTube. For photos of the build, check out Peter’s Flicker account here. He notes that he still needs to add nose art and scale details before this bird is ready for the summer show circuit; we can’t wait to see it all dressed up!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager