IRCHA also brings some interesting self-designed projects to marvel over. This is Jim Ryan from Cincinnati, OH with his counter rotating and inter meshing prototype helicopter. Jim not only designed this helicopter, but also made all the CNC parts, including the gears. He’s using a Spektrum receiver with Beast X and Digi-Mix 3 for control and stabilization. Notice the 5° coning angle on each rotorhead for proper clearance as one rotor disk intersects the other. So far Jim has four test flights and is looking forward to mounting a suitable fuselage. (For more IRCHA news and photos, click here!)
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting