Every generation of aviation enthusiasts has their own superhero pilots that they set their own standards by and aspire to be like. Several years ago, pilots like Sammy Mason with his checkerboard Stearman and Art Scholl with his Super Chipmunk were the top dogs of the airshow circuit. Today, the list is of aerobatic supermen is impressive and at the top is Skip Stewart and his amazing Prometheus Biplane. A highly modified Pitts S2-S, the Prometheus is constantly being upgraded to give Skip the most performance possible. This 41% scale copy of Skip’s Prometheus is just as exciting and has scale construction all the way down to the fuselage frame and wing construction. Build by Patric Leis, this RC monster is powered by a DLE 222cc 4-cylinder engine and while flying, Patric uses all the horses this engine produces.
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing RC airplane builds and projects. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
- 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
- Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
- Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
- Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
- Contests & giveaways only for members
- 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
- 10 years of Electric Flight archives
- 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop