Fifteen years ago, a Chattanooga man flying his RC airplane lost control of it, and the plane flew away, never to be seen again. The pilot and his family never looked for the plane, and he died a decade later. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when a St. Louis man found an RC plane in a tree in his yard. He took the plane to a hobby shop, where employees cleaned it up and found the Chattanooga contact information still taped undernath the fuselage! Watch this heartwarming video, then tell us what you think: did the plane fly all the way to Missouri on its own? Did someone find the plane, store it for 15 years and then fly it again in Missouri? Did the plane get caught in a time warp? Inquiring minds want to know! (And we really want to know what receiver was inside!) Put on your creative thinking caps, and we’ll send our favorite answer a free subscription or extension to Model Airplane News.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager