Soon to be published in the upcoming August 2016 issue of MAN, this easy to do model makeover is a great way to make your ASRF stand out at the flying field. Text and photos by PJ Ash, this “How To” article takes you step by step through the process of applying a scale and weathered finish to the E-Flite Carbon-Z 78 inch span T-28 Trojan ARF. Full of detailed photos, you won’t believe how easy it really is to transform any molded foam warbird.
–As soon as I flew one I knew it was a keeper but what to do next? There are more than enough white and orange Trojans out there. I did not take long to decide that a new Southeastern Asia/Vietnam 3-tone camo paint scheme was in order. Let’s get started.
Prepping the Surface
1. The first thing to do is to remove the all the stick-on markings. Because the stock markings…
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article on how to make your own lozenge covering. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
• Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
• Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
• 10 years of Electric Flight archives
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop