Hold on to your hats: this video will take you down on the flightline as F/A-18 Super Hornets, T-45 Goshawks, and even a V-22 Osprey tilt rotor take off and land just feet away from the camera. Great video, great music … you will get chills watching this! Video poster PlaneVideoArt notes, “This video was shot during the 2013 winter photocall where amateur photographers are allowed on base to shoot U.S. Navy aircraft as they train. NAF El Centro is unique in giving civilian photographers access during normal flight operations. The facility has two operating runways. The 9,500-foot (2,900 m) east/west runway handles 96 percent of the traffic. It is equipped with a Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System (FLOLS) at each approach end as well as lighted carrier flight deck landing areas at both ends so pilots can simulate carrier landings.”
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting