ElectriFly has come out with a new Super Stearman plane which
is patterned after the full size one which has a little history behind it. Following
WWII, the biplane that had taught thousands of Allied pilots to fly was
suddenly obsolete as a military trainer. Instead of being retired, the Super
Stearman joined the ranks of Hollywood stars. This was after being built-up and
refined by Joe Hughes, who wanted something better than the standard airshow Stearman
for the movie industry. The ElectriFly Super Stearman ARF offers the original’s
great looks and thrilling performance of the full size aircraft. So of its
- Built for brushless power.
- Spans 36” – a perfect size for “grab ‘n go” flying and transportation ease.
- Built-up balsa/ply airframe, factory-applied MonoKote® covering and painted fiberglass parts add to the beauty and easy ARF assembly.
- Included to streamline assembly: a self-aligning fin and stabilizer; pre-hinged ailerons; formed and painted cabanes and struts; painted fiberglass wheel pants; and a factory installed replica radial engine.
- Also features a keyed cowl with magnets for fast “align and lock” installation, and a magnetic hatch with painted pilot busts and windscreens installed.
Wingspan: 36 in (915 mm)
Length: 29.5 in (750 mm)
Wing Area: 365 in² (23.5 dm²)
Weight: 2.25-2.75 lb (1020–1250 g)
Wing Loading: 14-17 oz/ft² (43-52 g/dm²)
Requires: Radio system with a minimum of 4-channels and 4
micro servos, 35-30-1250 outrunner brushless motor, 35A brushless ESC (min.), 11.1V 3S 2200mAh LiPo battery & 10×7
Price:$149.99 and will be available in late May.
it’s so late i’m losing interest …available in late May. ????
Very true John, but no reason to lose interest, May was when it was due in the states. The good news; now is you can go to Tower Hobbies and order this bad boy right now and have it in your hands within a couple of days. Enjoy
Mine should be here Thursday 8/4. Hope it flies as good as the Kyosho Stearman I’ve had for the last dozen years or so and the larger versions from GP. Studying the manual shows that Electrifly has this one figured out. At under three pounds it looks like a winner for bipe lovers.
Comments are closed.