From Horizon Hobby:
The full-scale F-18 has proven itself time and time again as the U.S. Navy front-line air superiority aircraft. There’s almost no task it can’t handle from air strikes, close air support, refueling, anti-shipping, forward air control missions or dramatic precision-aerobatics demonstrations.
The Force RC® F-18 Blue Angel model has everything from high-speed performance to the finest low-speed characteristics of any jet in its class. At its core is a powerful electric ducted fan system that can punch out more than a 1:1 thrust-to-weight ratio for excellent vertical and aerobatic performance. The wing armament and landing gear can be removed for an even more thrilling experience and higher top speeds.
Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
The 64mm 11-blade ducted fan, 50A ESC and brushless motor can deliver more than 800-grams of thrust with the recommended 4S LiPo battery and an audible sound that resembles the output of a real turbine engine.
Compact enough to transport in just about any vehicle, the new composite wing tube support and screw-on assembly deliver accuracy and the convenience removable wings.
- Lightweight construction with durable EPO foam material
- Strong, two-piece removable wing with optional armament
- High-thrust, 64mm 11-blade ducted fan unit (installed)
- Powerful 2627-5100Kv brushless motor and 50A ESC (installed)
- 4-channel control with 5 micro servos (installed)
- Removable landing gear with steerable nose gear
Needed to Complete:
- Full-range, 4+ channel transmitter
- Full-range, 4+ channel receiver
- 2200-2600mAh 4S 14.8V LiPo flight battery
- Suitable LiPo charger
What’s in the box?
- (1) Force RC F-18 Blue Angel EDF PNP Airplane
- (1) 50A ESC
- (1) 2627-5100Kv Brushless Motor and 64mm 11-blade Ducted Fan Unit
- (5) Micro Servos
- (1) User Manual
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
CG (Center of Gravity): 3.5 in (88mm) From Leading Edge
Charger: Sold Separately
Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
EDF Size: 64mm
Flying Weight: Around 660g (23.3oz)
Landing Gear: Yes
Length: 960mm (37.8in)
Material: EPO Foam
Minimum Required Radio: 4+ Channel (Sold Separately)
Motor Size: Brushless 2627-KV5100
Servos: (5) 9G Servo
Speed Control: 50A
Wingspan: 710mm (28in)