At a recent RC fly-in in Germany, a (really) big B-17 and a giant-scale P-47 and Corsair wowed the crowd in a fantastic formation flight. Peter Pfeffer’s 1/5.6-scale scratch-built B-17 has a 19-foot wingspan and is powered by four 65cc 4-stroke engines. Franz Franz Obenauf’s 122-inch-span, scratch-built P-47 weighs 80 pounds and is powered by a Moki 5-cylinder 400cc engine, and Willi Schachermayer’s 120-inch-span Corsair is powered by a 300cc Moki 5-cylinder engine. And in case you’re wondering, the damage to the Corsair in this video looked much more catastrophic than it was, and the plane is already repaired and ready for more flights. We thank RCScaleAirplanes for taking and sharing this great video.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager