We just got back from the flying field after test flying the new giant scale Spitfire ARF from Top Flite. This 50cc warbird flies great and it is equipped with Robart’s new electric retracts. The Spitfire took off easily at half power with the DLE 50 turning a Falcon 23×10 propeller! Wow! With a Best Pilot RAF pilot, this 85 inch span WW2 Icon is a great addition to anyone’s RC giant scale hangar. Rick Bell our test pilot/reviewer gives the Spitfire 2 thumbs up! Watch for his detailed review in an upcoming issue of MAN. Thank your CCRCC club for letting us use your great facility once again!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting