If you’ve enjoyed the short clips I’ve shared on the University of Maryland students and their Gamera II human-powered helicopter, you’ll appreciate this news story and interview that gives more details on the heli’s construction as well as how they recruited their “meat motor” pilots (their term!).
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting