The Escapade has something for every pilot, but they all see something just a little bit different. It looks like a great second plane for the ambitious newcomer, easy-flying fun to the experienced pro and a solid choice for electric and glow modelers alike. But no matter how you see it, it’s easy to see that the Escapade is a versatility star, and another big addition to the Great Planes line-up of fast-building, quality-first ARFs.
Ready for first flights in just 4-6 hours!
- Prebuilt from light, tough balsa
- Covered in a one-of-a-kind MonoKote® trim scheme — and complemented by painted wheel pants.
- All control surfaces are prehinged.
- Simplifies carrying and transportation with a two-piece wing design.
- Extras in the extension hardware and accessory pack include a painted pilot figure, heavy-duty aluminum landing gear, fiberglass wheel pants and a steerable tailwheel.
Designed for versatile performance!
- Stable and easy to handle at low speeds.
- Gentle and predictable when throws are low — an air show aerobat when they’re maxed.
- Designed and built to handle 2-stroke speeds, 4-stroke torque and brushless motor power! Includes keyed motor and engine mounts for fast, virtually foolproof installation.
- Ailerons can be powered by a single servo in the fuselage or dual servos mounted on the wings. No modifications necessary.
Stock Number: GPMA1200
Wingspan: 52.5 in (1,340 mm)
Wing Area: 483 in² (31.2 dm²)
Weight: 5.0-5.5 lb (2,270 – 2,495 g)
Wing Loading: 24-26 oz/ft² (73 – 80 g/dm²)
Length: 46 in (1,160 mm)
Requires: 4-channel radio w/3-5 servos, 2-stroke .40-.55 or 4-stroke .52-.70 engine (ital, UL) or (end ital, UL) 800kV out-runner brushless motor, 60A brushless ESC (min) & a 14.8V, 3200mAh LiPo battery pack