On-the-edge performance with on-the-money realism!
There’s no mistaking Matt Chapman’s Embry-Riddle ride, and no closer match to it in looks and performance than the 1/3 scale Eagle 580 ARF! Pounds lighter to push the envelope wider, the Eagle 580 1/3 scale ARF boasts an authentic trim scheme, from the licensed Embry-Riddle livery to the pilot’s 3-color helmet. Designed for optimal flight and performance potential in the air, it also reduces assembly time on the bench!
- The only IMAA/IMAC airplane with a licensed Embry-Riddle trim scheme!
- Features a performance-optimized airframe built from strong, lightweight wood and weight-saving fiberglass parts.
- Includes a complete set of hardware, custom-designed for giant-scale flight.
- The canopy doubles as a convenient hatch that lifts off for fast access to the wing panel bolts and onboard radio equipment.
- Hinge point hinges in the stab and wings are already installed to improve strength and precision without extra work. A servo for each elevator half, and dual servos for the rudder and ailerons provide swift, powerful response.
- Double-beveled control surfaces make the best use of each ounce-per-inch of torque giving impressive 3D maneuvers, precision aerobatics or just everyday sport flying.
- Both gas power options offer stand-out performance with the ease of bolt-in installation. The fiberglass cowl is spacious enough to accommodate a lightweight 85 cc single, chosen for its power-to-weight advantage, or a 100 cc twin with canister-style mufflers.
- A two-piece wing and stab design offers equal measures of performance strength and transportation convenience.
Wingspan: 100 in. (2540 mm)
Wing Area: 1892 in.² (122.3 dm²)
Weight: 24-28 lb. (10.88-12.70 kg)
Wing Loading: 29-34 oz./ft.² (88-104 g/dm²)
Length: 96 in. (2440 mm)
Requires: 4-5 channel radio with 10 servos & 85-100 cc gasoline engine.
“I’m really thrilled with how accurately Great Planes reproduced the trim scheme of my Eagle 580 on their models. As an R/C pilot and IMAC competitor myself, I enjoy flying them almost as much as the full-size aircraft!” Matt Chapman – Commercial & Air Show Pilot
GPMA1286 Matt Chapman Eagle 580 ARF 1/3 Scale Retail: $1299.99 Street: $999.99
AVAILABLE: Early April
For more information please visit: www.greatplanes.com