The new 87-inch span Hangar 9 Fokker D.VII is the first WW I giant scale fighter in Hangar 9’s warbird lineup. Priced at $799.99, this ARF version is fully built-up with laser cut balsa and plywood parts and is an accurate giant scale reproduction of Germany’s famed WW I fighter.
The German Fokker D.VII is frequently cited as one of the best fighter aircraft of the First World War. During the latter half of 1917, the allies had regained air superiority. To counter this, the German government invited aircraft manufacturers to submit prototype single-seat fighter designs for evaluation in Berlin in January 1918. The design with the best overall performance would be awarded a production contract. The Fokker D VII was the winner because it was easy to maneuver, strong and agile and as a result, was highly respectable by the enemy. The D.VII could “hang on its propeller” and attack upwards while other aircraft would stall and fly away. The performance of the Fokker D.VII was superior to any other aircraft used by the triumphant power. As a result, Germany had to surrender all the airplanes after the end of World War I. A total of 3,300 DVII were produced and over 700 were in service after the WW I ended.
Hangar 9 brings this Great War legend to life as a remarkable giant-scale ARF with scale details to truly do the legendary Fokker D.VII justice. The model has been expertly built to exacting standards utilizing lightweight balsa and plywood. The ARF features details like molded machine guns, scale pilot figure, cockpit details and 8″ scale tires, just to name a few. Shock-absorbing main landing gear takes most of the bounce out of grass strips. Genuine UltraCote covering provides an exterior finish that replicates scale-inspired colors with distinction. The Fokker D.VII is designed to accommodate a variety of 30cc to 60cc 2- or 4-stroke gas engines, or brushless electric outrunner motor. All hardware for the recommended power system options is included so assembly is easy and you can get in the air faster. A large top-hatch makes any maintenance and battery changes simple, while providing easy access to electronic components.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Two-piece bottom wings with aluminum tube provides easy transport and assembly
- Ready to install scale replica engine included
- Sprung wooden tail skid included
- Genuine shock-absorbing main landing gear with matching paint finish
- Convenient three-piece top wing simplify aircraft assembly
- Detailed cockpit features a scale pilot and instrument details
- Machine guns included for added realism and scale looks
- Large top hatch provides easy access to electronics and flight batteries
- 8″ vintage scale wheels included
- Functional tail flying wires
- Matching paint on fiberglass cowl includes molded details
- Designed to accept gas/petrol engines and electric motors
- Covered in authentic Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Complete quality hardware package included
This is a nice package! I do not see a specific mention that it’s a full one-quarter-scale model. Gives the wing span, but folks may not catch on that it’s 1/4 scale. Lots of goodies and nice features come with the D7. I wish H9 would offer this in the ready to cover option as the covering is a bit shiny. However, I’d still like to see one in person. Maybe one will appear at my local RC club.
I would also like to see a ready to cover option.
Comments are closed.