From Hangar 9:
Scandinavian Airshow is a professional team with over 30 years of airshow experience. In 2013, they unleashed one of the most powerful aerobatic biplanes ever conceived – the Model 12 Viking. Designed by Kevin Kimball, built by Jim Kimball Enterprises and flown by Jacob Hollander, it has wowed millions all over the world. Everything about it, right down to the custom trim scheme by Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design, is without equal.
This giant-scale Hangar 9 replica is every bit the stunner its full-scale inspiration is. Matched with any of the most popular 100-125cc gas engines, it will perform show-stopping 3D maneuvers with competition-level precision. And its fit and finish is every bit as good as anything an expert modeler could build from scratch.
Lightweight, Laser-Cut Balsa/Ply Construction
The model has been expertly built to exacting standards with the finest balsa and plywood available. The result is an ARF model that goes together easily and flies with laser-true precision.
Painted Aluminum Landing Gear with Fiberglass Cowl and Wheel Pants
As with the airframe, the landing gear, split cowl and wheel pants are made from the best materials available. And all are painted to perfectly match the vibrant UltraCote® film trim scheme.
Carbon-Fiber Wing Tubes and Tail Wheel Bracket
Both the upper and lower wings benefit from the strength of carbon fiber wing tubes that can easily withstand the stress of aggressive 3D aerobatics. The tail wheel bracket is also reinforced with carbon fiber for extra durability without extra weight.
Firewall Pre-Drilled for Popular 100-125cc Gas Engines
The bolt pattern drilled into the firewall makes it easy to mount any of the most popular 100-125cc engines.
- Giant-scale replica of an airshow stunner
- Lightweight, balsa/plywood construction
- Painted 2-piece fiberglass cowl
- Painted aluminum landing gear and fiberglass wheelpants
- Vibrant UltraCote® trim scheme
- 2-Piece plug-in wings
- Large fuselage hatch with matching finish and clear canopy
- Pre-hinged control surfaces
- Lightweight, carbon-fiber wing tubes
- Scale flying wires for the tail
- Accepts a variety of exhaust options (mufflers, canisters and pipes)
- Tail wheel assembly with carbon fiber bracket
- Includes all necessary hardware
Needed To Complete:
- 100-125cc 2-stroke gas/petrol engine and exhaust
- Full-range, 9+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 8 High-torque, metal-gear servos with extensions
- Batteries for receiver and ignition system
- Tools and adhesives
What’s in the box?
- (1) Model 12 Viking 120cc ARF
- (1) User Manual
Airfoil Shape: Symmetrical
Approximate Assembly Time: 20+ Hours
CG (Center of Gravity): 63mm behind leading edge of lower wing. Range 60-70mm.
Completion Level: Almost Ready-to-Fly
Engine Size: 100cc – 125cc
Flying Weight: 26-28 lb (12-13 kg)
Landing Gear: Yes
Length: 87.0 in (2.21 m)
Spinner Size: 6 inch
Trimscheme Colors: Deep Blue, Cub Yellow, Silver
Wing Area: 2490 sq in (161 sq dm)
Wing Tube Length: 33.75 in (858 mm) (upper and lower). Anti-rotation pin: 335mm.
Wing Tube OD: 1.0 in (25.4 mm) (upper and lower). Anti-rotation pin: 8mm.
Wingspan: 89.2 in (2.26 m)
HAN1065 – $1399.99
See more posts about Hangar 9