When it comes to covering scale airplanes, there is nothing so challenging than German WW I aeroplanes that were covered with that distinctive printed lozenge pattern. And to make matters even worse, there were two styles–4-color and 5-color. And on top of that, there was upper and lower surface colors. MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article on how to make your own lozenge covering. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
• Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
• Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
• 10 years of Electric Flight archives
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop