File this under “why didn’t I think of that?”! The University of Tokyo’s Multi-field Universal Wheel for Air-land vehicle (MUWA) uses a foam wheel to balance sideways like a wheel and roll along the ground as well as land on water. Its four, independently controlled variable pitch props can direct thrust in two different directions, forcing MUWA to “stand up” to a vertical position from the ground. Check out the video!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting