It seems the early part of the year around the midwest is the time for indoor swap meets. These are a great time and if you thought you knew the wide variety of models and equipment you are mistaken. I go to just see all the stuff people have. One thing that always impresses me is the big beautiful aircraft built with so much skill, care and love the pilot just cannot bring themselves to fly it so they offer it for sale. I also love to see all the older radios and collections of folks that have been in the hobby for years. Take the time this winter to go to your local swap meet. This is a great way to meet people, talk about the hobby and buy a few things you probably do not need, but just cannot resist.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting