When it comes to giant-scale warbirds, some modelers just can’t let go. This is the case with PJ Ash and his 128-inch-span Junkers Ju 88 twin-engine Luftwaffe bomber. Known now to his friends as his “Phoenix” bomber because it has risen from the ashes, so to speak, PJ’s bomber still flies at many warbird events because he did not “Trash his Crash”.
PJ chose to repair it and add more details while he was at it. We caught up with PJ to get his backstory, and here’s what he had to say….
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing RC airplane builds and projects. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
- 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
- Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
- Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
- Contests & giveaways only for members
- 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
- 10 years of Electric Flight archives
- 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
Congratulation to the builder and owner of this beautiful airplane !!
I love the Junkers 88 , Have a lot of books from this plane !!
Comments are closed.