The Curtis P-40 Fighter Bomber with the distinctive Trixie painted on its nose was one of the most recognizable during World War II. Used by the Army Air Corps and the United Kingdom, this famous aircraft exceeded 300 mph with the 1360 HP Allison engine and eventually the Rolls Royce with more improvements to the airframe. The Kyosho P-40 is an “E” model sporting six 12.7mm wing mounted cannons of which 2,320 were produced.
Kyosho now produces this famous fighter/bomber with a precise factory assembled balsa and light ply main fuselage, tail feathers and wings. All surfaces are expertly covered with a strong lightweight covering. The covering material is applied in layers to replicate the unique camouflage pattern with decals already applied for you. Noteworthy is the rounded shape of the fuselage and the concave rear cockpit windows. The attention to detail carries through to the fiberglass cowl and is painted to match the fuselage colors.
- Lightweight Construction – Lightweight balsa construction of the fuselage is mostly factory-assembled.
- Master Coat – Pre-covered in realistic gradated camouflage printed film treated in ?Master Coat’.
- Retracts – Pre-installed with retractable undercarriage and linkages.
- Split Flaps – Features the signature split flaps of the original that produce fascinating flight control, not just in take offs and landings.
- 2-3 Blade Spinner – Includes accurate recreation of the uniquely shaped spinner. Suitable for 2-blade or 3-blade propellers.
- Total Control – Rudder connected tailwheel provides control for scale taxiing across the airfield.
- Awesome Detail – Pre-painted FRP cowling recreates the subtle curves in fine detail.
- EP Ready – True EP ready airplane not just a converted GP fuselage, this plane will perform above and beyond your expectations.
ARF Set Contents
- Motor mount
- Pre-installed retractable undercarriage
- Moving tailwhee
Required for operation
- R/C System / 6-channel, 6-servo for airplane (standard 5-servo + thin type undercarriage 1-servo)
- Motor / 600-800W compatible brushless motor
- Amp. / amp. for brushless motor
- Battery/ 18.5V-4000-5300mAh Lithium Polymer (No.ORI60030 SLPB18.5V 5000mAh 30c / No.ORI60031 SLPB18.5V4000mAh 30c recommended)
- Propeller / D12 x P6~D12 x P8 for EP
- Propeller adapter
- Charger for Li-Po battery (No.ORI62200 Advanced Flight Charger recommended)
- Balancer for Li-Po battery (No.ORI62204 Stability Balancing System recommended)
- Motor, Motor Control Amp. and connector for battery
- Batteries for R/C system
Available: March 2009