Giant RC planes turn heads, but we’ll bet this mini Mustang will stop you in your tracks. With a 4.6-inch wingspan, this impressive RC model is just 1/96-scale and weighs in at 3 grams — that’s less than a nickel! The brainchild of Martin Newell, the P-51D is outfitted with the usual throttle, rudder and elevator controls but also has functional flaps, retracts, navigation lights and cannons! We think it’s a gem.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting