The Microaces Aero Bristol F2b ‘Brisfish’ is designed from the ground up and is possibly the most detailed and realistic microscale aircraft of its type. The airframe is designed to take most ultra micro RC equipment found in similar sized RTF aircraft. Double sided printing directly onto foam ensures a light, low wing load aircraft with lots of character and predictable flight characteristics.
History in the Making
Our love of aviation history ensures that the aircraft we choose to reproduce as kits not only look fantastic on static display and in the air, but they also carry a depth of history that can be explored. Despite being a two-seater, the Bristol F2b proved to be an agile aircraft that was able to hold its own against opposing single-seat fighters. Versatile as a bomber, fighter and observation aircraft the Brisfit continued in military service until the 1930s.
The ‘Brisfish’ has a unique and unusual livery thought to been painted for a high ranking officer in one of the training squadrons. It’s unique markings turn the aircraft’s fuselage into a rampaging fish. This model aircraft will surely stand out as a uniquely interesting subject both in the air and on static display.
Controls: Rudder, Elevator, Throttle
Length: 325mm / 12.8″
Wingspan: 500mm / 19.7″
Wing Area: 7.00 sq dm / 108.5 sq in.
Flying Weight.*: 46.0g/1.6oz
Wing Load: 6.57g/sq.dm / 2.13oz/sq.ft.
- Receiver: Parkzone PKZ3351, PKZ3352, PKZUA1151 or Spektrum AR6400/AR6410 (N.B. Tx mix or mode 4 required to use AR6400/AR6410 for rudder/aileron)
- Rec. Motor / G.Box: Parkzone PKZ3624 (P-51 Motor/Gearbox)
- Rec. Prop: GWS 5030
- Skill Level – Build: Intermediate
- Skill Level – Pilot: Intermediate
- Tools required: Scalpel, 180 Grit sandpaper or stick, straight edge, tweezers
- Rec. Adhesive: UHU por / Foam safe CA / Aliphatic glue
- 2mm laser cut Depron Airframe sheet
- 1mm printed & laser cut Depron fuselage sheet x 2
- 1mm printed & laser cut Depron flight surfaces sheet x 2
- 200 micron printed & laser cut polypropylene sheet x 2
- polyester sticker sheet
- 0.8mm laser cut plywood motor mount
- Two 30mm Ø neoprene rubber tires
- Six 3mm Ø noedymium magnets
- 50mm x 4mm Ø plastic tube
- 1mm x 0.4mm carbon fibre strips
- 1mm Ø carbon fibre rod
- pre-shaped piano wire elevator & rudder control rods