This 18-foot-span beauty is the handiwork of Gordon Nicholls and is flown here by Andy Johnson at the Large Model Association (LMA) RC show at the Royal Air Force Elvington airfield. This 15-year-old, 1/6.5-scale jet has more than 300 flights and is powered by two Wren 160 turbine jet engines. A replica of the Cold War bomber, it weighs in at 150 pounds. It’s a fantastic aircraft and its many successful flights are a testament to the rigors of construction under LMA regulations.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager