More photos and information has been released on this full-size, electric-powered tilt rotor aircraft. The entire aircraft uses no hydraulics; the retractable landing gear, nacelle tilting mechanism, and elevons are controlled by EMA. ORAL Engineering developed an efficient diesel engine for the alternative electric-hybrid propulsion solution and provided rapid CNC machining for the rotor and drive system. MB Motorsport, Aerosviluppi and Marc’Ingegno customized the special motor cooling system, wiring harness and retractable landing gears, respectively. The “Project Zero” technology demonstrator was designed, built and tested in twelve months.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting