This disassembly and reassembly video from Academia Motor may just be the best thing you’ve watched yet in 2018 — really! Some internet sleuthing shows that the Graupner-O.S. Wankel .30ci powerplant was the world’s first model rotary piston engine. A collaboration between Graupner and Ogawa Model Mfg. Co. (O.S.), it used Felix Wankel’s design with a rotating triangular piston in an epitochoidal shaped chamber. It was first marketed in 1970 with a price tag of just $87.50!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting