OK, I know what you’re thinking: what on earth is that?! But trust me, these indoor fliers are incredibly cool little machines. Flown at the recent Modell-Hobby-Spiel Fair in Leipzig, Germany, these Star Wars podracers appear to have a t-shaped carbon-fiber frame that holds the battery and electronics. Two foam shrouds each house a forward-facing prop. A tail rotor, which also serves as a cockpit for a Star Wars character, provides downthrust along with two other downward facing props. And somehow they are all mixed together to provide thrust and control — ingenious! LED lights add to the fun when the aircraft “race” in the dark. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any other information on these little guys, but I hope you’ll enjoy the video (filmed by RC Media World). If you have more info on them, please share in the comments.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting