For all the years I’ve been flying helicopters (which is longer than I care to admit) all swashplates have had the same basic design. They all use a center ball which rotates in all directions. Although this has always worked well some slop could develop over time with a lot of use. Some companies such as Miniature Aircraft have adjustment screws to compensate for any wear. However, Red Black RC, available from HeliFlightCenter, has recently released their new swashplate which uses two floating gambles that appear will never wear out or need adjustment. Other than that the swashplate appears to be fairly standard. For more information on this unique swashplate check out the HeliFlightCenter web site or give them a call.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting