Raise your hand if you remember the days of single-channel, escapement RC! According to the poster, “This model uses a 45-year-old radio control system (Futaba F-66) that only controls the rudder using a rubber band powered clockwork mechanism. The radio has one button which you press in the correct sequence to get right, left , or neutral rudder. If you listen closely you can hear the escapement unwinding every time I press the control button. The model has a 36″ span and is powered by a Cox .020 engine. These were the first test flights so the engine run is short. I will add more downthrust before I fly it again.” Thanks to smorrislmbco for posting this video on YouTube!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting